Please sign our online Petition to the City of Toronto Regarding the Ongoing Criminalization of Cannabis Dispensary Workers
- Cannabis is a known medicine with minimal evidence for harms associated with its use.
- The Project Claudia raids have resulted in the unjust criminalization of many Toronto citizens for participating in a market that will soon be legal.
- The city of Toronto actively refuses to discuss any consideration of regulation for the growing dispensary market in spite of precedent for successful regulation for Cannabis Dispensaries in Vancouver.
- The unjust punishment of dispensary workers is a direct result of the city council’s failure to keep the best interests of its citizens in mind.
- And the harms of a criminal record are far greater than any harms associated with the use of the cannabis plant and its extracts.
We, the undersigned, petition the City of Toronto to:
- Take the matter seriously.
- Make time to discuss the possibility and plausibility of implementing a temporary regulation program and to research the details of Vancouver’s regulatory model as a preemptive and positive measure to ensure the safety of the citizens of Toronto.
- Request that the police stop applying charges for dispensary workers and drop the charges of those already caught in the Project Claudia Raids.