Are you motivated to undo the harms done by the drug war and its policies?
We are looking for two passionate, driven youth and students join our board of directors! The duration of this appointment is until our Spring 2017 Annual General Meeting, at which point those interested in remaining on the board may choose to run for a full two-year term.
REQUIREMENTS – As a member of the board, you’ll help advance CSSDP’s objectives at the local, national, and international levels (see our About page for more information). Board members are required to:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Participate in two of our four committees (Conference Planning; Outreach; Finance & Fundraising; and Special Projects and Political Advocacy)
- When possible, contribute to the ongoing tasks of the organization as determined by the board and the committees
- Maintain active involvement in their local CSSDP chapter, or start a chapter if there are none
On average, this involves a time commitment of 8-16 hours per month (2-4 hours per week). As opportunities arise, board members may also have the opportunity to represent CSSDP at conferences, make presentations to members of the government, attend drug policy meetings at the United Nations, and more.
ELIGIBILITY – You must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Be a youth, defined as under the age of 30
- Be a currently registered student
- Be an active participant in a chapter or have attended a national conference and annual general meeting in the past year
TO APPLY – Send an email to CSSDP Co-Chair Gonzo Nieto (email@example.com) describing who you are, why you want to join the board, any relevant experience you might have (including involvement with a CSSDP chapter), etc. as well as a CV. Your application will only be viewed by current board members and disposed of after the new board members have been appointed. Please include “Interim Board Application” in the email title.
DEADLINE – 11:59 PM on Friday, November 18, 2016. Please make sure to submit your application before this time.
If you are unsure about your eligibility or have any other questions you’d like us to answer before submitting an application, please send an email to CSSDP Co-Chair Gonzo Nieto (firstname.lastname@example.org).